Power Factor Correction in Buildings

Are you wasting Power?

Energy Costs are sky rocketing and take a large percentage of the revenue. A Power factor of 0.6 tells that you are using only 60% of power you are paying for while the rest 40% is being wasted. It means that you are paying more than you are not even using.

Why is Power factor Correction Important in Buildings?

Most of the loads are inductive in nature, and this results increasing the rating of your power system, which in turn increases heat decreasing longevity and lifespan of the electrical system, increasing the cost of maintenance and replacement. Many power suppliers charge for the base load (kW) and maximum demand tariff (kVA). Improving Power Factor Correction reduces kVA of the building, reducing the power bills. An Electrical Power load with poor power factor draws more current than a load with an improved power factor for the same amount. Poor power factor may cause power losses and voltage drops, which can contribute to overheating and failure of motors and other equipment. If your electrical system is near capacity, installation of power factor correction equipment may help avoid costly infrastructure upgrades by lowering the existing electrical demand on your system and improving efficiency stability.

How can we help?

With 15 Years of experience in the field of Electrical Power Systems, we offer the best you can ask in installing Power Factor Correction (PFC) equipment, prolonging your equipment life and reducing the load on your power systems and monetary funds. Our offerings include Capacitors, reactors, regulators, contactors and Accessories. Capacitor bank can be described as “A capacitor bank is generally composed of several single-phase or three-phase unit capacitors assembled and interconnected to produce high power assemblies”.

Our Capacitor banks are type tested and approved by Al Ain Distribution Company (AADC) and Sharjah Electricity and water Authority (SEWA).

Assembled Capacitor Banks

Static Capacitor Banks:

The use of static contactors to operate the capacitors in a capacitor bank. This technique has a set of important advantages over compensation with contactor operation:

  • Response speed

  • Elimination of mechanical wear

  • Less noise

  • Elimination of connection transients

Medium Voltage (MV) Capacitor Banks:

It composed of elementary or partial capacitors, generally connected in several series-parallel groups, providing, the required electrical characteristics for the power system.